Tuesday 23 September 2014

My Wedding Anniversary cake

 
This year it is me and my hubby's 19th Wedding Anniversary.
I wanted to try a naked cake as it's the latest trend for Weddings and Anniversary's but hubby say they look terrible. Stuck with ideas, I saw a photos of a cake with flowers. I thought it would be nice to keep it a romantic theme. I wanted to add ruffles and made white modelling chocolates to wrap around a pink sponge layered cake.  Though the cake is a bit small, it was perfect size for me and my little family. I think this cake would look amazing if it had a bottom tier.  Maybe I will make something similar or a 3 tier cake next year for our 20th Anniversary.
 
Please be very careful when using fresh flowers on your cakes, I wrapped the stem with foil before I put it in.  Have been advise that using fresh flowers isn't safe and I have taken these out afte the photos were taken.
 
 
 
 



 
 

 
 




4 comments:

  1. Is the recipe for this cake on ur website?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, you have you pick them out, a Genoise sponge and white modelling chocolates

      Delete