Wednesday 27 November 2013

Quick Blueberry sauce


Simple Blueberry sauce

 
I had a handful of very ripe blueberries left over from baking and I simply made some blueberry sauce for my children's breakfast. 
They had it with their porridge & pancakes. 

If you want to make more just double up the recipe. 

Ingredients 

100 g blueberries 
15g lemon juice 
1. Tbsp sugar
1. Tbsp of water
1/2. Tsp of corn starch

Simply heat up everything in a saucepan and simmer for few minutes until the blueberries are soft enough to mush up with your wooden spoon. 
Transfer into a clean bowl and cool to serve. 
Works a treat! 

 

 

You can use this for ice cream, waffles or rice pudding. 


2 comments:

  1. I have some extra blueberries in my freezer this would be perfect for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it only take few minutes to make. This is superb for breakfast. My kids love it.

      Delete